Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ok bringing everyone up to date

My heart condition progressively got worse and I was stumbling around work with no energy and fuzzy thought processes.  

My supervisor and manager, both new, said they didn't think it was bad enough for me to stop working.  I looked at both of them like they were crazy.  

Of course they were just doing what the company told them to do.  

My cardiologist at first said that he didn't think it was bad enough to stop working but said he would review all of my health records.  He called 3 days later and said after reviewing all of my cardiac history under NO circumstances was I to return to work and thus began the odyssey.

I was off for 2 months had another cardiac event, 90% arterial occlusion and found myself getting a cardiac catheterization 2 days in a row, luckily I was kept overnight in the hospital after the 1st one!

They sent me back to work again, this time it lasted 2 weeks and I was back off work again on short term disability.  This time my doctor said you are NOT going back to work! Thus after the short term disability ran out in 3 months I went on Long Term Disability in September, 2008.

Now I'm trying to get Social Security Disability, at least the advocate is being paid for by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association!  On the down side, since the LTD is administered by the Association, I am no longer an employee of BCBS Michigan.

So now I have to pay Union dues out of the little money I am receiving.  On STD I was getting 70% of my paycheck.  On LTD I get 60% of my paycheck.  

If I let the membership in the Union lapse I will have to pay the entire balance of my Union Credit card!  What a MESS that would be!!

I guess that brings you all up to date!

Mel




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?